Personal and Open Source
I co-host the weekly Virtual Brown Bag meetup. Open to all, you should join in!
I am the creator of several open source projects that are hopefully useful to people.
- persistState Widget - is a little jquery widget that will store the state of html widgets in localstorage and restore it on next page visit
- ApprovalTests.BetterPdfVerification - is a set of approvers for the .Net version of the amazing ApprovalTests assertion framework. It makes approving of pdf files actually work as it normalizes out inconsistencies such as timestamps and auto generated ids.
- Oaf.DeploymentInfo - is a nuget package that will automatically embed information on your deployment into your project
- thee - a micro-library to shift
- log4net.GrowlAppender - is a simple .Net library that will direct log4net messages to a locally running Growl instance
- A bunch of nuget packages
- Some npm packages
- The Estimation Checklist - a checklist to asist with doing estimation
I also dabble in software security, virtual reality, and IoT programming
I have done many contracts, shorter fill-in projects, and projects with companies that are lost to time I chose to list here the ones that I’ve worked on for a significant amount of time and that shaped my professional career
- A fully-featured and white-label time-tracking and invoicing application.
- Web-based application to operate a medical supplier’s business including ordering, inventory, patient management, and billing.
- Web-based IDE to enable business consultants to design and end-users to generate data-driven, parametrized presentation-style slide reports in Html and exportable to Pdf and Powerpoint.
- Broan Testing
- Desktop application to support testing of new oven-hood designs by analyzing video for percentage of smoke captured.
- Erwin Penland - Dynamic Builder Suite
- Dynamic Web Builder
- White-label software to manage generation of advertising assets (eg, mailings, posters, flyers) by configuring InDesign templates including complex management-approval and form-building workflows.
- Presentation Builder
- White-label software to manage generation of Powerpoint and html presentations from templates. This could be used stand-alone or as a SaaS model.
- Bill Manager
- White-label software to manage mailings by correlating specially formatted InDesign files with a matrix of rules to generate assets.
- Dynamic Web Builder
- A bio-repository management system including workflow, volume, and chain-of-custody tracking.
- BioRad EQUAS Mobile
- A fully mobile web application for operating check-in and scheduling for a medical diagnostics lab.
- Player Tracker
- A web-based application for Verizon Wireless to manage endorsement deals with professional athletes.
- Applied Innovations
- A .Net-based update of a highly configurable Foxpro application to monitor and control pipeline-cleansing utilities.
- Web-based software to run Westway Group’s liquid-storage terminal operations.
- Driver Interface
- A highly configurable windows desktop-based UI for interoperating with and controlling shipping containers and trucks at terminals
- Armante Furniture
- I worked under contract and implemented a full furniture store website with categorized, searchable, and browse-able products.
- Mudbug Media - Intern
- While at Mudbug I worked on a variety of projects in Php and Asp building out features in applications for medical providers, professional registries, and more.
- Thesis - SEGWORK
- Working with advisor Dr Bill Buckles under a missle defense research grant, I did research in distinguishing land from soil and buildings from their surroundings via LIDAR overhead data. While this was of limited success, for my thesis I produced a framework for doing image segmentation using Matlab.
Thanks and more
Certain projects sponsored in part by the Louisina Office of Economic Development.